Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Project 7 - Black Invasion

Brief history...I don't know what kind of stones are these. I only found it in my sister's jewelry box and was unused for a long time. Basically because the bracelet wires used had faded and the clasp had been broken. It was also a set- earrings, bracelet and necklace . So I decided to recycle it and used the stones. I love the blackness and shine quality and they never faded ever since I saw my sister worn them almost years ago. According to my mom, it was from my grandmother and was from Canada.


Using black seed beads and silver plated split rings and pin hooks as enhancers, I made this earring. I opted for the pin hooks because when I tried using the "fish" hooks, they almost drown the whole design and seemed like over decorated. So I settled for the pin hooks because it also complimented the stones.

There are still remaining stones so I made them into bracelet. The finished project will be posted in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment