Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Project 9: Crazy Cuts, Magnets and Beads

crazy cuts, magnets and beads
My number 9 project is to create a bracelet that is clasp free. It really irritates me when no one is around and I had to struggle placing a bracelet with clasp. So I looked for means to create one. And voila..here it is a bracelet with magnets used to secure it around the wrist. Yep...magnets always fascinate me so I incorporated the ever mysterious magnets in my design. With the use of clear crazy cuts and beads, I had completed this.
finished bracelet with magnets used to secure it
finished bracelets with crazy cuts
I love this design. It is approximately 5-inch thick when wrap around the wrist exactly the type of bracelets I want to wear. However, it took me 3 days to finish this. Why? Because every time I am done with the whole thing and try it on, the bracelet will tighten as it goes around the wrist providing no space and hurts a little. So I had to rework it many times until I was satisfied with it. Tips for this kind of design? Provide an allowance approximately equivalent to the width of the bracelet.


=============================
  Do you love sterling bracelets? You might want this and there are wide arrays of selection in Amazon.com



No comments:

Post a Comment